Head of Faculty - English and Languages
John Paul College are seeking to appoint a dynamic, progressive and creative leader to develop curriculum to maximise student engagement.
John Paul College are seeking to appoint a dynamic, progressive and creative leader to develop curriculum to maximise student engagement and achievement. The Head of Faculty will play a key role in ensuring the College has a progressive Curriculum and Learning program through K-Twelve.
Applications from educators who have experience in a similar role and can motivate and inspire both student and collegial learning are welcomed.
John Paul College wishes to appoint an outstanding educator with a knowledge and understanding of current educational trends. They are to ensure they utilise this knowledge to inform and shape best practice. Placing an emphasis on the Strategic Priorities of the John Paul College model and being a caring and focussed leader who collaborates well with all key stakeholders is essential.
With a demonstrated history of leading teams, The Head of Faculty – English and Languages will collaborate with the Dean of Studies and Deans of Primary to reinvigorate the curriculum across K-12.
Located in Logan City, John Paul College is an independent, co-educational school.
Since its inception in 1982, John Paul College has a proud and rich history and continues to strive to provide an exemplary, innovative education for its students. This is attained through inspiring and caring teachers, and the unique delivery of learning programs.
John Paul College strives to deliver forward thinking curriculum that prepares students for life beyond the school and encourages each young person to be the best they can be. It affirms respect, responsibility and a genuine desire to make a difference.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
Key Selection Criteria
- Take a proactive role in the development, articulation and implementation of the John Paul College Strategic Vision under the direction of the Dean of Studies.
- Lead learning and ensure that the promotion of learning is the priority of all teachers and students.
- Stay up to date with current research and pedagogical practice and actively promote best teaching practice.
- Support colleagues in their endeavours to promote learning and achievement of students at John Paul College.
- Promote innovative, appropriate and relevant use of technology, both in the delivery of curriculum and the sharing of information and data.
- Maintain regular communication with the Deans of the Primary School, to ensure John Paul College has a progressive Curriculum and Learning programme through K-Twelve.
- Develop and monitor budgets as appropriate.
- Model the John Paul values of Mutual Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- Demonstrated experience and exemplary track record in a similar role.
- Deep knowledge of contemporary issues, trends and programmes for curriculum for the faculty.
- Outstanding knowledge of the curriculum for the faculty.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership of a team of accomplished educators.
- Track record of student achievement and quality outcomes in the faculty area.
- Track record of achievement as a highly accomplished Secondary School Educator.
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft applications and the ability to learn new systems in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Willingness to support the College’s core values.
Commencing asap for the right candidate. The Head of Faculty is an accomplished educator and leader of educators who has demonstrated a proven track record of faculty leadership in the independent education sector.
The successful applicant will require QCT registration, appropriate qualifications and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
John Paul College is in partnership with anzuk Education to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential conversation, inquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Nathan Blunt, our Senior Recruitment Consultant, via phone: 07 3606 1081 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nathan Blunt 07