Special Needs Teacher
anzuk education is looking for exceptional educators with a growth mindset to teach at a range of special needs settings on the Mornington Peninsular
About the Role
anzuk has opportunities for outstanding educators looking to create exceptional experiences within special education as a Casual Relief Teacher (CRT). anzuk support a diversity of special education settings within the Mornington Peninsular region who are always looking for educators who have a growth mindset & commitment to students' individual learning and well-being.
In this role, you will provide a range of teaching and learning support to students enrolled in special schools, special development schools (SDS), specialist schools, and autism specific schools.
About the Schools
Special needs schools are diverse in nature and provide educational programs to students with a range of specific needs including intellectual & physical disabilities, health impairments & medical needs, autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairments, visual impairments, language & communication disorders, and social, emotional & behavioural needs.
Each school may cater for one or more of the above areas of disability and the ages of students attending these schools varies from pre-school to 18 years of age. Entry into SEN schools is based on assessment before gaining eligibility to the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development's Program for Students with Disabilities.
These schools have a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each student. You will often work with small class sizes, be supported by teaching assistants and be part of schools that promote a caring and supportive environment for students, parents and staff alike.
Skills and Experience
- Enthusiastic, patient and resilient nature
- Genuine passion for student learning and well-being
- Flexibility in adapting to changes in daily programming
- Collaborative and engaging approach to teaching
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn and develop as an educator
There are a wide range of qualifications, experiences and skills that lend themselves to being successful in special education settings so anyone with a genuine interest is encouraged to apply. Benefits
- Personalised support from a dedicated consultant
- Opportunities to progress into long term employment
- Flexibility in your working week
- Competitive rates of pay
anzuk is a leader of temporary, contract and permanent school staffing in Melbourne Australia and England. anzuk Education have been based in Melbourne since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we do this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Registration with Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration
- Current CV outlining recent experience in school settings
- Two mentor teacher (for graduates) or principal level references (for experienced teachers)
- Please only apply if genuinely interested in working within special education settings