anzuk Education are seeking Teaching Assistants for a variety of schools in the Greater Dandenong Regions.
anzuk Education have been based in Melbourne since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we do this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.
About the Role
As a teaching assistant, you will work collaboratively as a team member under the direction of the teacher in sharing of the instruction, implementation of programs and support of students' learning and care. Your role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the learners you are supporting.
We support schools across greater Melbourne and currently have opportunities within Springvale, Noble Park, Dandenong, Keysborough and surrounding suburbs.
Your responsibilities may include:
Skills and Experience
- Collaborating with teachers and other education support staff as part of a team to deliver educational programs to students
- Assistance with the coordination, planning, and implementation of student routines
- Supporting the participation of students in the all activities throughout the school day
- Providing positive reinforcement, behavioural support and a safe learning atmosphere for students
- Communicating with students in the delivery of educational programs and assisting communications between students and teachers
- Preparing and maintaining the classroom environment by ensuring that the work areas are clean and safe and that classrooms are left clean and tidy at the end of programs
- Following directions and guidelines outlined by teachers and seeking feedback
- Demonstrating accountability for performance of allocated tasks & seeking feedback from the classroom teacher
- Previous school based education support experience
- Relevant education support qualification
- Experience supporting students learning English as a second language (ESL)
- Any additional languages spoken Cambodian, Vietnamese (not essential)
- Pre-service teachers wanting to gain experience whilst they study
- The ability to provide exceptional learning and care to students
- Open-minded and flexible to changes in daily programming
How to apply
- Working with Children's employee card
- current CV outlining relevant experience to the role
- details of at least two school based referees who have observed you directly working with children and or adolescents
We encourage you to apply today as we move into the busiest season for casual relief staff. Simply click APPLY and upload your CV. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by phone.By submitting this application you are agreeing that our staff can, if required, make contact with your referees prior to our preliminary screening.
anzuk is a leader of temporary, contract and permanent school staffing in Australia and England in the UK. We are an equal opportunity employer.