The AITC warmly invites applications for the position of Campus Manager (Deputy Principal)
The Australian Industry Trade College (AITC) warmly invites applications for the position of Campus Manager to manage our Gold Coast campus, connecting young people with industry and industry with great young people.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, relational and experienced leader who will:
- provide high-level educational leadership to meet the AITC’s objectives and outcomes
- seamlessly blend senior education and industry readiness
- possess a passion for designing and delivering senior secondary learning experiences with an unwavering industry-led agenda
The AITC is a deliberately different industry-led school where we enable and empower young people in years 10, 11 and 12 to find their purpose and proudly pursue a pathway in industry. The Campus Manager role is pivotal in the development and success of the AITC Industry Education System, reporting directly to the Deputy Head of Industry Education (South East). Campus Managers uphold campus culture day to day and are responsible for the standards and outcomes at their assigned campuses.
The Campus Manager will work with all campus employees to lead academic industry-driven curriculum, young person wellbeing and the co-curricular program of the campus. They will operate collaboratively within the AITC education and College leadership structures to provide strong, effective operational leadership. They will use their experience and influencing capacity to reinforce the value of technical /industry education.
The key outcomes required of this position are:
- A College-aligned program of industry education is delivered in a manner that provides real value and tangible outcomes for our young people, in an environment where young people can thrive
- The campus is effectively and efficiently run, in accordance with College policies and allocated budgets
- Strong connections and relationships are built within the campus community; including young people, families, employers and employees
- Emphasis is placed on esprit de corps and collaboration across the College, embedding the 1 School, 1 System, 1 Way approach
- Strong on-campus leadership supports productive and highly capable employees
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following essential and desirable knowledge and skills.
- QCT Registration (or willingness to gain)
- Depth of knowledge of senior secondary education and industry education programs, including vocational education and apprenticeships
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills and ability to achieve business and industry outcomes
- A commitment to Industry Engagement
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people and resources within a system and team context to achieve objectives
- A high level of communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations applicable to Equity and Diversity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate and champion the AITC values
- Right to work in Australia
- Experience in relevant senior educational leadership
- Master's degree in Education or evidence of continual learning
- Industry exposure or experience
Commencing during Term 1, 2022, the Campus Manager (Gold Coast) is a permanent, ongoing leadership position.
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain an Applicant Information Pack, please contact:
Brendan Fraser +61 438 618 604, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should consist of a:
- Cover letter
- Statement addressing each of the key selection criteria, as outlined in the Applicant Information Pack (no more than 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications should be emailed to Brendan Fraser, Senior Executive Consultant:
Closing date: Friday 26 November 2021