Exciting opportunity for a dynamic, versatile, passionate, and experienced catholic educator, with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
Applications are warmly invited for the position of Deputy Principal at St Thomas Aquinas College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, versatile, passionate, and experienced catholic educator, with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, to work in partnership with staff, students, and the parent community.
The Deputy Principal is a significant role. The position requires:
- An exceptional educational leader with outstanding operational and management skills
- A collaborative leader, able to inspire relevant, authentic and contemporary programs
- An outstanding communicator who actively builds capacity and guides best practice
The school is seeking a dynamic, versatile, passionate and experienced educator, with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, to work in partnership with staff, students and the parent community. The successful applicant will have a proven record of leadership and will be aspiring to principalship.
The role of the Deputy Principal is to support the Principal and leadership team in managing the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students and enhanced professional outcomes for teachers. The position includes a small teaching component. The job will involve working closely with the Principal in executing the school vision and strategic directions of the College. The Deputy Principal role will initially be offered for a fixed term of 2 years, with the likelihood of ongoing from the 2024 school year. School:
St Thomas Aquinas College is an Independent Traditional Catholic school that works together with its church community to provide an excellent and well-rounded education rooted in Catholic Tradition. Our school motto” to form in each youth the true and perfect Catholic” is fundamental to all that we do. The successful candidate will:
- have a strong commitment to the Catholic ethos of the College
- be committed to child safety and student wellbeing
- lead staff in the development of best teaching practice
- work collaboratively within a team to achieve strategic objectives
- have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- have a high level of understanding of school compliance and operational matters
- have previous experience in policy development and HR recruitment processes
- an enthusiastic and active member of the Traditional Catholic Community, including participation in church and school community activities
- oversee and develop the School Management System used at the College (TASSWeb)
- have previous leadership experience
- have previous experience in timetable and excursion management
Additional study (Masters or other relevant Postgraduate study - completed or commenced)
Commencing in Term 2 2022, (or earlier by negotiation) the Deputy Principal a tenured leadership position, with an ongoing teaching role reporting directly to the Principal.
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain an Applicant Information Pack, please contact:
National Head of Executive, James Mundy +61 422 228 164 firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Executive Consultant, Brendan Fraser +61 438 618 604, email@example.com Application process:
Applications close on Friday 21 January 2022.
Your application should consist of a:
Applications should be emailed to James Mundy, National Head of anzuk Executive:
- Two-page cover letter expressing your interest and outlining how your skills and experience will align to deliver best practice in the role.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of VIT registration (or equivalent)
Applications will be received by Friday 21 January 2022.
St Thomas Aquinas reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.