Expand your disability support experience in special educational needs schools, supporting students in Melbourne's North.
About the Opportunities
Special educational needs (SEN) schools are diverse in nature. They provide educational programs to students with a range of needs including intellectual & physical disabilities, health impairments & medical needs, autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairments, visual impairments, language & communication disorders, and social, emotional & behavioural needs.
These schools have a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each student and promote a caring and supportive environment for all.
We partner closely with SEN schools and with experienced support staff, coordinating casual relief and contract work as required, both on the day and in advance. These opportunities are within school hours (8:30- 3:30), Monday to Friday.
About Your Role
Supporting the classroom teacher, you will work collaboratively as a team member sharing in the implementation of programs and support of students' learning, well-being and physical care.
Your role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the learners you are supporting. However, currently there is consistent need for staff to support secondary aged students with significant physical disabilities, intellectual disabilities and health impairments enrolled in SEN schools in Broadmeadows, Coburg, South Morang and Lalor.
Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV Disability or equivalent qualifications (desirable)
- Experience in special education, disability support, residential care, social work, nursing sector or inclusive swim teaching
- Comfort and experience with personal care, meal assistance and manual handling
- Training in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or Trauma Informed Practice
- Available to accept morning calls for shifts from 6:30 am
- Valid Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current detailed CV outlining relevant & recent experience
- Details of at least two supervisory referees within education and/or disability support sector
- Up-to date DET Mandatory Reporting Certificate (you can complete the training here: http://www.elearn.com.au/det/protectingchildren/
Please note, applicants will be contacted throughout January 2020 in regards to their application.