Educators > Browse jobs
Disability and Learning Support
We are currently recruiting casual support staff to work in schools supporting students with a range of intellectual & physical disabilities.
About the Opportunities
Special educational needs (SEN) schools are diverse in nature. They provide educational programs to students with a range of needs including intellectual & physical disabilities, health impairments & medical needs, autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairments, visual impairments, language & communication disorders, and social, emotional & behavioural needs.
These schools have a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each student and promote a caring and supportive environment for all.
We partner closely with SEN schools and with experienced support staff, coordinating casual relief and contract work as required, both on the day and in advance. These opportunities are within school hours (8:30- 3:30), Monday to Friday.
About Your Role
Supporting the classroom teacher and other education support staff, you will work collaboratively as a team member sharing in the implementation of programs and support of students' learning, well-being and physical care.
Your role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the learners you are supporting. However, currently there is consistent need for staff to support secondary aged students with significant physical disabilities, intellectual disabilities and health impairments enrolled in SEN schools in Frankston, Mornington and Dromana.
Skills and Experience
- Certificate IV Disability or equivalent qualifications (desirable)
- Experience in special education, disability support, youth residential care or similar
- Comfort and experience with personal care, meal assistance and manual handling
- Training in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or Trauma Informed Practice
- Available to accept morning calls for shifts from 6:30 am
- Valid Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current detailed CV outlining relevant & recent experience
- Details of at least two supervisory referees within education and/or disability support sector
- Ability to work in the following suburbs: Frankston, Dromana and Mornington