Head of Senior School
Holmes Secondary College are seeking a motivated and experienced educator to provide exceptional leadership and delivery of their learning programs.
If the answers are yes! This may be the opportunity you have been looking for!
Holmes Secondary College wishes to appoint an outstanding educator with a strong background in leadership and management to the integral role of Head of Senior School.
The successful educational leader will ensure the provision of quality teaching and learning programmes and outstanding outcomes for all students. They will lead and deliver key objectives, planning and initiatives that support the College’s strategic plan and ensure the optimum use of the school resources.
With a demonstrated experience of leading teams, the Head of Senior School will grow the leadership capacity of colleagues and build and enhance partnerships with the key stakeholders and the broader community. In addition, they will have a duty of care to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students and compliance with regulatory requirements.
They successful Head of Senior School will be a dynamic and strategic thinker who strives for personal best and encourages others to be the best they can be, with role modelling and collegial support.
Location: In the heart of Melbourne, near parliament station, Holmes Secondary College is a Senior Secondary School Campus. With a student body largely of international students, its core values are directly connected to its multicultural population, where respect for others is a key value in ensuring that students work together accepting their responsibility in creating a harmonious learning environment.
Facilities: The facilities are modern, modern, air-conditioned and designed to support learning. The library resources are extensive and include the latest reference material recommended for each unit of study. A large common room is available to students for meals and relaxation. Holmes Secondary College pride themselves on individualised learning that cater for the needs of each student to deliver the very best programmes.
Curriculum: The school seeks to prepare leaders for the changing business world. It achieves this mission by imparting knowledge of the various dimensions of business, underpinned by the foundations of English language. Holmes Secondary College provides a highly specialised program with a strong focus on business-related subjects integrated with common business themes.
This curriculum strength provides both vocational and academic pathways to Business Diploma and Degree programs within the organisation or with other tertiary providers. In more recent times the school has also looked to diversify its curriculum giving students greater subject choices through both its Victorian Certificate of Education and Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning programs in order to provide more options through the above-mentioned pathways.
Student welfare programs: Student welfare focuses directly on student’s rights and responsibilities, discipline, a safe working environment and mentoring through Homeroom — a co-ordinated pastoral program. Given the nature of the students, there is also a strong focus on general accommodation, guardianship and health care.
Selection Criteria - Skills and Competencies:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Successful teaching experience with the capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice.
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs.
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams.
- Well- developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and the wider community.
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning.
- High confidence and competence in the application of new technologies for learning and administrative processes.
- Knowledge and commitment to education in the delivery of programs for International Students as ESL learners.
- Demonstrate commitment and outstanding ability to support and nurture the vision, purpose, values and beliefs of the school and its community.
Commencing in Term 1, 2020,
- Tertiary qualifications in education
- VIT registration
- Appropriate qualifications and First Aid training certificates.
- Experience in a similar or senior educational role
the Head of Senior School is an ongoing role that reports to the Principal.
Holmes Secondary College are Child Safe organisations and have zero tolerance for child abuse and staff are committed to acting in children's best interests by keeping them safe from harm.
Holmes Secondary College have engaged anzuk Education to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain the full position description, please contact James Mundy on 0422 228 164 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you may email your cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria – Skills and Competencies, along with your Curriculum Vitae directly to email@example.com. Applications close on Wednesday 4th December.
Holmes Secondary College reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.