Educators > Browse jobs
Head of Year
An exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, contemporary, caring and compassionate leader
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Year Level Coordinator at a coeducational independent school located in western Victoria.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an accomplished, forward-thinking, and experienced educational leader who is dedicated to shaping a brighter future for students, staff, and families.
The Year Level Coordinator position holds great significance within our school community. It requires:
- An exceptional leader with outstanding operational and management skills.
- A collaborative, compassionate leader, able to inspire relevant and authentic programs.
- An outstanding communicator who actively builds capacity and guides best practice.
The Year Level Coordinator is a dedicated and knowledgeable educator who is passionate about providing optimal learning opportunities for students during their crucial developmental stage. They will serve as the appointed leader responsible for overseeing all aspects of the educational experience and school life for students, staff, and families within year 9 and year 10, supporting approximately 100 students. With a deep understanding of the learning process, their focus will be on addressing the well-being needs of young individuals and inspiring them with purpose, confidence, and compassion.
As a respected leader within the College, the Year Level Coordinator will actively represent and promote the School during College and community events. They will also fulfill any additional responsibilities associated with the seniority of their role. Key qualities
Within the context of their role all staff in positions of leadership are expected to have the following key qualities:
- A passion for getting the best out of students throughout their years of schooling.
- Demonstrated exemplary teaching skills and capacity to provide leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes for the College.
- Demonstrated support for and capacity to develop and maintain a positive tone and an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and College Values.
This position begins in Term 3, 2023 and applications can be submitted here or by emailing Rob Evans at [email protected]
There will be similar roles available across Victoria as we move through the year, so if you are interested in your next leadership role in the pastoral area of the school, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
If you would like further information, please call on 03 9249 2431