Head of Year 9
An exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, contemporary, caring and compassionate leader
Applications are warmly invited for the position of Head of Year 9 at Overnewton Anglican Community College in Keilor, Victoria.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, innovative and experienced educational leader who is committed to making a difference to the future for the students, staff and families.
The Head of Year 9 is a significant role at the College. The position requires:
- An exceptional leader with outstanding operational and management skills.
- A collaborative, compassionate leader, able to inspire relevant and authentic programs.
- An outstanding communicator who actively builds capacity and guides best practice.
The Head of Year 9 will be an educator who is passionate, knowledgeable and excited about providing the best learning opportunities for students in their mid-teens. They will provide confident educational leadership and have a clearly articulated vision for the Year 9 program.
The appointed leader will be responsible for all aspects of the educational experience and school life of students, staff and families associated with Year 9. They will show a deep understanding of learning with a particular focus on the wellbeing needs of young people and the ability to inspire them with purpose, confidence and compassion.
As a College leader, the Head of Year 9 will represent and promote the School at College and community functions and will take responsibility for any other duties pertaining to the seniority of the role.
Overnewton Anglican Community College is a dual campus, co-educational, Prep to Year 12 College, with over 2,000 students across two campuses, in Keilor and Taylors Lakes. Producing consistently high academic results Overnewton is a premier, mid-fee, independent school, open to all denominations.
The College is organised into Junior School (Prep-Year 4), Middle School (Years 5-8), Canowindra (Year 9), and Senior School (Years 10-12). Each School has its own Head of School and its own Parent Support Team and is functionally self-contained. Specialist pedagogy coaches work with each of the schools to ensure that teachers provide the best, age appropriate, teaching practices for students. This structure gives a small school community intimacy to the entire College and is supported by extensive school facilities, broad VCE subject choices and dedicated support services.
As an open entry school, a well-rounded education is provided, where every student has the opportunity to grow through a diverse and exciting range of academic and co-curricular programs, such as music, performing arts, debating and sport. The College aims for its students to graduate as young adults, confident in their own abilities and attributes, conscious of the needs of others and accepting of diversity.
This position is accountable to the Principal through the Deputy Principal Head of Canowindra Campus. The successful applicant will work closely with other members of the College Leadership Team including the Canowindra Campus Management Team, comprising the Deputy Principal Head of Canowindra Campus, campus-based Heads of Schools, Campus Chaplain, College Head of Staff. Key qualities
Within the context of their role all staff in positions of leadership are expected to have the following key qualities:
- A passion for getting the best out of students throughout their years of schooling.
- Demonstrated exemplary teaching skills and capacity to provide leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Demonstrated commitment and capacity to ensure consistency of learning opportunity for all students at each year level from Preparatory to Year 12 across both campuses.
- Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes for the College.
- Demonstrated support for and capacity to develop and maintain a positive tone and an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and College Values.
A full position description can be obtained by contacting anzuk Executive.
Commencing in Term 1, 2022
, the Head of Year 9 is a three-year renewable contract position.
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain an Applicant Information Pack, please contact Brendan Fraser or James Mundy at anzuk Executive who are leading the application and search process.
Brendan Fraser +61438 618 604; email@example.com
James Mundy +61422 228 164; James.M@anzuk.education Application process:
Please contact anzuk Executive to obtain an Applicant Information Pack
which will describe the application process. Applications will be received until 2 July 2021.