Educators > Browse jobs
An exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, contemporary, caring and compassionate leader supporting students with all pastoral matters
We are currently accepting applications for the position of House Leader at a coeducational Catholic school in Melbourne's north-west.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an accomplished, forward-thinking, and experienced educational leader who is dedicated to supporting the wellbeing of all students under their supervision.
The House Leader is a dedicated and knowledgeable educator who is passionate about providing a safe and inclusive environment for all students. They will be responsible for supporting students as they move through the school, providing leadership opportunities for these students and creating a stable and secure environment so they can achieve their best.
The ability to build relationships quickly is essential in this role, as you will need to build trust with all students under your care. You will also need to grow relationships with staff who will also support the wellbeing of the students under your supervision. The House Leader will also need to foster strong relationships with parents to create a community that is all striving for the same outcome - positive experiences for students.
Within the context of their role all staff in positions of leadership are expected to have the following key qualities:
- A passion for getting the best out of students throughout their years of schooling.
- A strong understanding of responsibilities relating to child safety matters.
- Demonstrated pastoral care management skills and the capacity to provide support to other staff within the school.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Demonstrated support for and capacity to develop and maintain a positive tone and an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and College Values.
This position begins in Term 1, 2024 and applications can be submitted here or by emailing Rob Evans at [email protected]
If you would like further information, please call on 03 9249 2431