Educators > Browse jobs
Part time LSA needed, Monday to Fridays on an ongoing basis
Urgent requirement for a Part time LSA, Monday to Friday ongoing. Providing education support for secondary age students with Special needs.
Are you looking for work within an education setting?
Are you interested in supporting children with Special Needs?
Are you looking for consistent work within one school?
If the above applied to you please get in touch!
anzuk are supporting a Special Needs School in South Gloucestershire who are urgently needing a learning support assistant to support with a secondary class. Monday to Friday part time 10am to 2pm.
The requirements for the role:
- Supporting with a class of 10 students
- Being able to take direction from the class teacher
- Ability to use own initiative and actively engage learners
- SEND experience would be beneficial especially with challenging behaviours
- Ability to stay calm and rational in challenging situations
How to apply:
- Experience in a SEND environment
- Previous training in medicine administration and Personal Care or manual handling would be beneficial, but training would be provided in house
- Previous experience in a support work or care environment
- Confidence to tackle difficult situations and approach them with a calm and mature way
- A genuine passion and belief in the potential of every student.
- Hold full driving license
- Training in PECS, Makaton or similar would be extremely beneficial for this role.
- Team Teach training or any de-escalation training would be an advantage but not essential
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Laura on Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
anzuk Education is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.