Educators > Browse jobs
SEND TAs/LSAs needed for Schools in South East London
Experience working with children with special needs? Seeking a rewarding new career working with pupils to create exceptional education experiences?
anzuk Education currently have a large demand for enthusiastic Teaching Assistants (TAs) to work in several of our schools, all across South West London. The boroughs in which we have the greatest demand for special needs LSA’s are Merton and Kingston. The majority of the schools that we work with directly have excellent public transport links, and you will receive regular support from experienced consultants who have established outstanding relationships with our clients.
Previous experience of supporting children with special needs requirements (e.g. autism, ADHD, specific learning difficulties etc.) would be advantageous, although not essential. The most essential attributes when working with pupils with special needs are the willingness to learn and develop as a practitioner, as well as to be patient and compassionate when understanding and supporting the academic and social challenges of each respective pupil.
The roles and responsibilities of a TA/LSA typically involve:
- Working closely with the class teacher to support the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils with statements of special needs to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Utilising effective behavioral management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term position 5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30 am - 4:00 pm).
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work. Salary:
- Enthusiastic, patient and resilient nature.
- Passion and willingness to work in SEN environment, previous SEN experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Within 1 hour commute of Southwark, Lewisham and Croydon boroughs and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
Teaching/Learning Support Assistants often earn between £70 - £85 per day, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references. How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Jay
. About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.