Educators > Browse jobs
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
We are currently recruiting experienced teaching assistants to work with students with physical and intellectual disabilities in Geelong.
anzuk has opportunities for experienced special needs support staff looking to create exceptional experiences within education as a Teaching Assistant. We support a diversity of special education settings within and around the Geelong area who are always looking for assistants who have a growth mindset & commitment to students' individual learning and well-being and practical experience within special education or the disability sector.
About the Opportunities
Special needs schools are diverse in nature and provide educational programs to students with a range of specific needs including intellectual & physical disabilities, health impairments & medical needs, autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairments, visual impairments, language & communication disorders, and social, emotional & behavioural needs.
Each school may cater for one or more of the above areas of disability and the ages of students attending these schools varies from pre-school to 18 years of age. These schools have a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each student and promote a caring and supportive environment for all.
We partner closely with these schools, providing support staff and teachers as required, both on the day and in advance, for casual and contract roles.
About Your Role
Supporting the classroom teacher, you will provide a range of learning support to students enrolled in special development schools (SDS) and specialist schools. Your role is to work collaboratively as a team member sharing in implementation of programs and support of students' learning, well-being and physical care. Your role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the learners you are supporting.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Certificate IV Disability or Education Support qualifications
- Previous experience in special education, disability or nursing sector (preferred)
- Comfort and experience with personal care and meal assistance (preferred)
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in daily programming
- Available to accept morning calls for work from 6:30 am
- Valid Working with Children's Employee Check
- Current detailed CV outlining relevant & recent experience to the role
- Details of at least two supervisory referees within education and/or disability support sector