Educators > Browse jobs
anzuk are supporting a Special School in Bristol in their search for a Teaching Assistant for their Primary Phase
anzuk have an exciting opportunity within a fantastic SEND school in Bristol.
Our partner school is looking for a full time, Fixed Term (until August 2021) TA with SEND experience, ideally with Autism.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of an established team of friendly and supportive staff. Starting ASAP there is also a potential for this role to become permanent for the right educator.
Are you a qualified TA looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience as a social worker? Do you have experience working with Special Needs?
Our partner school caters to students of all ages who have Autism as their primary need, the majority of students will have additional needs such as SEMH, PDA or ADHD and they will all have Education Health Care Plans.
The school is looking for the successful applicant to start as early as next week, in order to have a full handover with the current post holder.
This role will be paid via anzuk in the initial period therefore you will be required to complete a full registration with us before commencing work.
The ideal applicant will have:
To apply you must:
- Previous experience with SEND, ideally Autism, SEMH and complex needs
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Support Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- A passion for creating a positive climate for learning for their students
- Understanding/experience in the use of communication aids such as Makaton or picture-based comms.
- Have a valid DBS registered to the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Be willing to complete a full registration with anzuk
- Be able to provide references to cover the most recent 2 year work period fully.
To apply for this role please call Laura Evans on 0117 457 3443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role is not suitable but you are looking for opportunities working with local SEND schools then please do get in touch!
anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.