anzuk Education recognises that its activities impact upon the environment through its routine internal operations, its infrastructure and through its influence and effects on the wider community. It acknowledges a responsibility for and a commitment to, protection of the environment at all levels. anzuk Education will comply fully with environmental legislation and is in addition committed to continued efforts to:
- Promote environmental management policies and practices at every level throughout the organisation;
- Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff and Members; Minimise waste and pollution and develop and operate environmentally sound waste management procedures;
- Continue to encourage and facilitate modes of transport by staff and Members which minimise environmental impact;
- Reduce water and energy consumption;
- Promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practicable, to those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment;
- Avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes; and
- Encourage Member organisations to adopt environmentally sensitive policies with regard to all aspects of their businesses.