Educators > Browse jobs
1:1 ABA Tutors for Autistic Students - Casual and Long term work in Wandsworth
A successful SEN secondary school in Wandsworth is looking for casual and long term tutors to work on a 1:1 basis with students with Autism
Are you passionate about supporting the development of young people?
Do you have experience working 1:1 with Autistic students?
anzuk Education are working with a vibrant SEN provision in South London who require regular Tutors to work on a 1:1 basis with their students starting immediately!
- Independent Secondary school for young adults with Autism aged 14yrs - 19yrs
- OFSTED "Outstanding" school
- Great location, easily accessible on major transport links
- Exceptionally effective leadership within school
- Extremely well regarded in the community, and positive relationships with parents of student
As a 1:1 tutor you will deliver a tailored programme crafted from the student's (IEP) Individual Education Plan. You will use Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and Verbal Behaviour (VB) principles drawing from the National Curriculum and focusing on language development.
You will receive support and training from a class supervisor on how to deliver the programme effectively. You will also receive training on using Makaton signing and PECS. The Ideal Requirements:
How to apply?
- Previous 1:1 tutoring experience using IEPs
- Experience with ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis), Makaton, PECS is desirable
- Working knowledge of Autism or related conditions
- Comfortable carrying out personal care needs (i.e. toileting)
- Available to work between the hours of 8:45am - 4:45pm
If you are interested in becoming a 1:1 tutor in this inspiring environment, please apply today! Alternatively, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be in touch!