Educators > Browse jobs
Deputy Head of Spanish
Encourage pupils at this 'good' school in Bridgwater to love Languages. Permanent role starting in September
anzuk are currently recruiting for an Ofsted rated 'Good' school in Somerset. The school is looking for a Deputy Head of Spanish to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis from September, or earlier if available.
The school offers staff leadership coaching and a robust professional development plan, so welcome applications from both experienced teachers looking to take a step up as well as existing HOD's. You will also benefit from their focus on staff well-being and an exciting employee reward scheme!
The successful Deputy Head of Spanish will have:
The role of Deputy HOD will include:
- A Specialism in Spanish has been specified by the school
- The ability to inspire all pupils to participate in Languages
- Up-to-date working knowledge and understanding of a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies
- Secure knowledge and understanding of the KS2-4 Spanish curriculum
- A teaching qualification with QTS
- Prior experience with managing a team would be beneficial
- Supporting the HOD in Leading a team of Language teachers and support staff, stepping up to lead when the HOD is unavailable
- Help to develop appropriate syllabuses, resources and schemes of work to ensure resources are in-line with the respective examining body
- Undertake performance management reviews
- Taking on some of the responsibility for the training of staff members
- Promoting the school's visions, values and ethos across the student and staff body
- Aid and support team members when differentiating work for learners with additional learning needs.
- Supporting with year 6 transitions
MPS - UPS plus TLR 2a Apply now, by clicking the Apply button!
Or email your CV to [email protected].
Feel free to enquire about other opportunities available or call in for a confidential chat on 0117 457 3443.
anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.