Educators > Browse jobs
anzuk are searching for a dedicated and enthusiastic English Teacher in North East Bristol
Job Title: English Teacher
Location: North East Bristol
Start date: January
About the school and role:
anzuk is proudly partnering with a large secondary school nestled in North East Bristol, near Hillfields. The school has over 1083 students aged 11 to 19 and therefore is a hub of energy, enthusiasm and radiates a robust sense of community spirit. The school, who had their Ofsted inspection last year achieving an overall 'Good' with areas of 'Outstanding' including Leadership and Management are a part of an established Multi Academy Trust, therefore the school inhabits strong core values of high standards, high aspirations, high expectations for every one of its students.
Please note: This role is full time from January 2024 until the Easter half term. Availability for a handover week (W/C 11th December) would be ideal.
English Teacher Job Role:
The Ideal English Teacher:
- Craft exceptional lessons for diverse student needs and deliver these lessons in an engaging manner to Key stage 3 and Key stage 4
- Meticulously monitor individual student progress, using innovative feedback methods for personalised growth
- Commit to meeting unique requirements of learner groups (e.g., pupil premium, looked after children, SEND, high-achievers), fostering an inclusive learning environment
- Foster an environment where all students are inspired to excel
- Encourage the development of critical thinking and creativity by integrating literature into the curriculum
- Collaborate with colleagues to craft innovative curriculum materials and exchange effective teaching strategies
- Participate actively in school events and extracurricular activities to contribute to the broader educational community
Benefits of this English Teacher role and anzuk:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, English Language, English Literature or a related field
- Relevant Postgraduate qualification (PGCE/QTS)
- Maintain a relevant and up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one
- Passion and commitment for teaching and inspiring students through English language and literature
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
- Dedicated Training and Development programmes to continue your CPD
- The school is part of a multi-academy trust, providing access to a network of schools for support, collaboration, and opportunities for professional progression
- Health and wellness sessions and discounts including access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive Induction process
- International opportunities in Australia, New Zealand and the United States
- Share this job with a friend or colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they complete 10 days work
To apply for our English Teacher
, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply button now.
Or if you're looking for other teaching jobs in Bristol, please email your CV to [email protected]
or for further information please contact 01174573443.
anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.