Educators > Browse jobs
Geography Teacher - Ealing
A 'good' school in Ealing is seeking a Geography teacher to start on a permanent basis in April 2022
The school is easily accessible via public transport and car. It was graded 'good' by Ofsted in its most recent inspection. They highlighted the quality of the behaviour management policy and its' implementation for praise, along with the consistent support for all teachers from SLT.
Access to large playing fields and good links with local sports and drama clubs help keep the student body engaged. There are high expectations of student attainment and booster & tuition sessions regularly take place with the aid of external support.
The ethos of the school is one of empowerment of both staff and students
You will be joining a large team of teachers and support staff in the Humanities department. Each class/teacher has TA support allocated to it. Often a graduate looking to go into teaching.
The facilities are excellent as the dept is set in a newly built block.
The department is well balanced in terms of experience and has an energy and passion about it. Staff changes are rare and this role has come about due to retirement. Due to the current balance of the team, the school are seeking a Geography specialist who can teach at least to KS4.
THE ROLE & YOU:
- Full time, 5 days per week, permanent
- Open to ECTs and experienced teachers
- Contact teaching time is well balanced and PPA time well regulated (you won't have to cover much)
- The curriculum for the year is mostly written but the school would like a staff member with experience of doing this
- QTS is not essential, but a recognised teaching qualification is (the role is open to overseas trained teachers who don't currently hold QTS)
For more info please call Matthew on 020 8132 9446. To be put forward immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org