Graduate Teacher training opportunity - Hounslow
graduates interested in paid routes into teacher training
Are you a graduate?
Considering a future in education?
Want to make a real difference to the lives of young people?
Then anzuk has the role for you! We are launching a teacher training program called Tomorrow's Teachers, aimed at tackling the teacher shortage in London. We are working with an SEN school in Hounslow to provide incredible opportunities.
Training will be provided by both ANZUK and the schools involved.
A large SEN school (about 250 students on roll) based in the heart of Hounslow.
Recently refurbished, the school boasts excellent new facilities having been refurbished in 2018. It now offers state of the art therapy rooms and extensive outside space (including a sensory garden, football pitches, and Eco Garden). There are also; a dedicated sensory room, a life skills room to promote independent living and large allotment space.
It's an all through school, serving students aged early years - KS4. Students encounter a variety of SEN including but not exclusive to; ASC, SEMH and, Speech, Language & Communication difficulties.
It has onsite parking facilities and is well served by two local tube stations.
The school offers outstanding CPD for all staff, actively promotes a work-life balance and offers generous PPA time.
- Working with a tight-knit team to ensure the safety and care of students
- Planning, preparing and delivering 1-2-1 and small group lessons
- Assisting teachers with the implementation of behavior management and academic support
- Implementing an effective and personalised behavior management system
- Supporting students in preparing for and taking part in social interactions, including school trips and special events
- Helping students to build day-to-day relationships with peers and other team members
- Promoting a calm atmosphere around students
- Experience with young people with SEN
- A degree (2:2 minimum)
- Confidence to tackle difficult situations and approach them with a calm and mature way
- A genuine passion and belief in the potential of every student.
- Team Teach training or any de-escalation training (or willingness to undertake it)
If you're interested in hearing more about the opportunities please call Matt on 020 3384 6110. To apply immediately and put forward to our partner schools, please send a CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.