Educators > Browse jobs
KS1 SLCN Teacher - Wandsworth, South West London - September Start
Experienced KS1 Teacher sought for large SEND school specialising in SLCN.
Are you passionate about working with children who have Speech and Language Communication Needs (SLCN)? Do you seek a meaningful career that will have impact on children's lives? If so then keep reading!
An 'outstanding' OFSTED rated specialist independent day school based in Motspur Park, for children with SLCN and other related additional needs. The school caters for students aged 3 to 19 years, with a lower and an upper school site. There is a onsite therapy team consisting of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
The school is seeking a KS1 teacher with previous experience working with student with SLCN and other SEND/additional needs. The role includes delivering a bespoke curriculum devised by yourself and the therapeutic teams to a class of 3-8 students. For every student there is a 1:1 support staff.
Successful applicants must have:
Desirable qualities are:
- Eligibility to work within the UK (QTS or NQTS)
- Relevant SEN Experience, specifically SLCN
- Excellent behaviour management
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Patient and caring personality and be able to handle stressful situations calmly
- Commitment to learning and development of pupils
- Flexibility; providing support where needed and work alongside staff to gain a full understanding of the students needs
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term position 5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30am - 3:30pm). Requirements To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- Experience in Picture Exchange Communication (PECs), Makaton or other forms of non-verbal communication
- Experience working alongside multidisciplinary teams to deliver a bespoke and holistic curriculum (not essential but advantageous)
- Understanding of EHC Plans
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work.
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ANZUK EDUCATION:
- anzuk Education are specialists in international education recruitment with over 10 years experience
- Streamlined and easy to follow documentation process
- Fantastic social & networking events, bringing people together to share experiences
- Professional development courses run by knowledgeable and experienced professionals
- Travel and sporting partnerships with excellent discounts exclusive to anzuk Education
- Opportunities throughout the UK and internationally
- A professional, supportive and highly experienced team of Education Consultants
- Share this job with a friend of colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they have worked for 10 days through us.
Learning Support Assistants often earn between £130 - £180 per day
, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references. What now? anzuk are seeking passionate educators to have a positive impact on the lives of young people. For more information please call Lizzie on 02083219477. To be considered immediately please send a CV with contact details to email@example.com About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.
anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.