Educators > Browse jobs
Learning Facilitator needed for SEMH Secondary School in Gloucester!
Do you believe that behaviour is communication? Are you passionate about enabling vulnerable young people a chance at education? Yes - then read on!
Do you truly believe that SEND is not a barrier to progress and that all
young people can succeed?
Well, an exciting opportunity to become part of a new Secondary Specialist Setting in Gloucester, who advocate this ethos, has arisen!
This day school will provide high-quality education, specifically designed to meet the needs of secondary aged pupils (year 7 to 11) with education, health and care plans. By offering a vibrant and specialised environment, they seek to ensure all its students will have the same learning opportunities as their peers in mainstream classrooms.
The cohort of young people within this setting will come from a wide range of backgrounds and all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as ASC, ADHD, and communication difficulties.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Learning Facilitator - part time (18 hours per week)
- Fixed-term with the potential to go permanent
- 1:1 with a Year 7 pupil who holds an EHCP
- Creating structured and predictable environments where possible, to increase security and confidence
- Supporting with academic development alongside social and emotional well-being
- Occasional need to accompany pupil on activities outside of the classroom
- Following advice given by specialists involved with the pupil, such as educational psychologists
- Some students have gaps in their education so this role may be suitable for those with experience in Primary settings
How to apply:
- Have an understanding that many instances of heightened behaviour are related to anxiety and/or emotional distress
- Be consistent, firm and fair in your approach and expectations, giving plenty of positive feedback
- Recognise that many pupils will have suffered significant trauma and adverse childhood experiences and may have social care involvement
- Have previous experience working with vulnerable young people/challenging behaviours (desirable)
- Will be resilient and have an ability to manage personal wellbeing in a demanding environment
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply
Or if you're looking for other teaching jobs in Gloucester, email your CV to email@example.com
or for further information please contact 0117 457 3443.
Please note you maybe required to complete a full registration with anzuk if successful. This will include seeking references and DBS check. anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.