Educators > Browse jobs
Learning Support Assistant
anzuk is currently seeking a learning support assistant to work in a primary school in Newport - ASAP
anzuk education is currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant for a Primary school in the Newport area - immediate start
About the role:
You will be responsible for supporting primary and secondary aged children long term and will have the opportunity to work either in small groups or on a 1:1 basis.
Due to the nature of this role you will need to have strong classroom management experience and must have prior experience with behavioural/additional learning needs. Makaton or team teach training is desirable.
About the school:
This role is in a Newport primary school and can be accessed via public transport or by vehicle. It is a modern school supporting students between the ages of 3-19 years and specialises in a variety of additional learning needs (ALN)
As a Learning Support Assistant/Special needs Teaching assistant you will:
- Assisting the classroom teacher with general admin throughout the day
- Helping set up activities
- Supporting 1:1 or in small groups - specifically with ALN (may be required to support on a 2:1 basis)
- Doing lunch duty and helping students during break time if required
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- An Enhanced working with children DBS or the ability to apply for one through us.
- Be based within Newport, or within commutable areas, and able to provide a police check from countries you have lived in within the last 10 years outside of the UK.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role
- Team teach or any additional behavioural training is desirable
Learning Support Assistants often receive daily rates starting at £85 per day, Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates
How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Alixe on [email protected]
About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.
anzuk Education is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.