Educators > Browse jobs
Primary Classroom Teacher
We are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit to find a Teacher with QTS to fill a KS2 vacancy from Easter
We are working with a Pupil Referral Unit in Redhill to recruit a KS2 Classroom teacher from Easter.
Apply today for Easter start!
About PRU schools:
Pupil Referral Units (PRU’s) are alternative provisions for pupils who have extremely challenging behavioural and social needs. As a result, the pupils whom you will be supporting in the classroom could potentially have social emotional and mental health issues, or possibly severe levels of autism and specific learning difficulties.
The objective of a PRU is to provide the targeted support required for pupils, with the endeavour to gradually reintegrate them back into a mainstream setting.
About the Role:
Based in Redhill we are currently recruiting for a KS2 teacher to take on a Maternity cover position. The class has 4 kids in it and at some stage over the school year will grow to 6 students.
Working in similar settings is desirable but not essential. The role will suit someone who is looking for a long term role.
Successful applicants must have:
Desirable qualities are:
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Relevant PRU/SEN Experience
- QTS or equivalent
- Excellent behaviour management
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Patient and caring personality and be able to handle stressful situations calmly
- Commitment to learning and development of pupils
- Flexibility; providing support where needed and work alongside staff to gain a full understanding of the students needs
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
How to apply:
- Team Teach training
- Experience in Picture Exchange Communication (PECs), Makaton or other forms of non-verbal communication
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please send through your CV to Frank Caldow
. For a confidential discussion about the specifics on each of the individual roles please give Frank a call on +44 1483 926324.About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.Requirements:
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the United Kingdom) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!