Educators > Browse jobs
SEND Specialist TA - Wallington, Surrey - April Start
An experienced Teaching Assistant with 6+ months SEND experience needed to support Multiple and Complex needs in a Specialist Provisions in Wallington
Are you passionate about working with children who may Additional Needs? Do you seek a meaningful career that will have impact on children's lives? If so then keep reading!
A Foundation special school for learners aged between 3 and 19 years that have Severe/Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and/or disabilities (SLD/PMLD), as well as learners who, additionally, are on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD) with complex needs. Its single-storey buildings support independent access for all learners, with hoisting facilities in most of the classrooms and changing areas. The School’s nursing team are based on site at all times and the curriculum development is enriched by therapist input, including Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy. In order for the school's learners to achieve aspirational outcomes within a rich curriculum the facilities include sensory and soft play rooms, swimming pool with hoisting access, Jacuzzi and specialist recreation areas including a MUGA, Playground Equipment with disabled access, Discovery Forest and an outside learning environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working with a range of students with varying SEND/additional needs.
- Working closely with the class teacher and multi-disciplinary teams to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
- Supporting children with personal and intimate care needs, including supporting students with hoisting facilities.
- Working with students in a variety of environments, including soft play and jacuzzi.
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term position 5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30am - 3:30pm). Requirements:
- 6+ months experience as a Teaching Assistant.
- 6+ months experience working with children with SEND, including personal care experience.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Has a good understanding of what SEND is and what it means to work with SEND students.
To apply and commence working with us you must
meet the below criteria:
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work. Salary:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
Learning Support Assistants often earn between £75 - £85 per day
, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references. What now? anzuk are seeking passionate educators to have a positive impact on the lives of young people. For more information please call Lizzie on 02081329477. To be considered immediately please send a CV with contact details to email@example.com About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.
anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.