Educators > Browse jobs
SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistants needed for schools around Surrey.
Who is anzuk?
anzuk Education is a recruitment agency that endeavours to provide schools across the UK with the finest quality educators in the industry. The majority of our consultants have come from an educational background so we understand what it takes to be a great educator. We empathise with the difficult moments and understand the joy of educating and inspiring the minds of the future.
anzuk Education currently have a large demand for enthusiastic and highly motivated SEND Teaching Assistants to work in several of our mainstream and special needs provisions, all across Surrey.
Where are our Primary schools?
The areas in which we have the greatest demand for Special Needs Teaching Assistants/LSA’s are Surrey. The majority of the schools that we work with directly have excellent public transport links, and you will receive regular support from experienced consultants who have established outstanding relationships with our clients.
Previous experience of supporting children with special needs requirements (e.g. autism, ADHD, specific learning difficulties etc.) would be advantageous, although not essential. The most essential attributes when working with pupils with special needs are the willingness to learn and develop as a practitioner, as well as to be patient and compassionate when understanding and supporting the academic and social challenges of each respective pupil.
About the role:
The roles and responsibilities of a SEND Teaching assistant involve:
Our Promise - Right educator, right place, right time
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils with statements of special needs to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
Apply now, by clicking the Apply button!
- You get treated as an individual, we want to match you to the right school, at the right place and at the right time! You will have a dedicated consultant who will get to know your strengths and really listen to you when offering you partner schools to work at
- Your timetable is in your control! Work a few days a month or 5 days per week, its up to you! You can update your availability easily online via a bespoke app
- Competitive rates of pay for supply and to scale pay rates for long term assignments
- International opportunities in Australia, New Zealand and the United States
Or email your CV to [email protected].
Feel free to enquire about other opportunities available or call in for a confidential chat on 01483 672434 .