Educators > Browse jobs
SEND Teaching Assistants
Join our team as a Teaching Assistant and make a real difference in the lives of students with special educational needs. Apply now!
Do you have a passion for working with SEN? Are you caring in nature and want to have a lasting impact on children's lives? If so please read on and get in touch!
anzuk Education is working with an outstanding Special Needs school that are looking for SEN Teaching Assistants to work within their stunning purpose built and specialised setting based near Addington, Croydon/Surrey. They are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to help with the daily runnings of the school and to add to the outstanding work presented and created for the students everyday!
The school offers pupils an educational provision and a caring environment in which to reach their potential. They work with young people, aged 2-19 who have severe and complex learning difficulties and some students with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical/sensory difficulties. The school is based in Croydon/Surrey and has easy access to public transport and parking!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with special educational needs, including but not limited to: autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and physical disabilities
- Assist with planning and delivering lessons and activities that are accessible and engaging for students with special educational needs
- Help to develop and implement individual health and care plans (EHCPs) and behaviour plans in collaboration with teachers, parents, and other support staff
- Monitor and record student progress and communicate regularly with teachers, parents, and other support staff
- Provide personal care and support as needed, including toileting, feeding, and mobility assistance
- Assist with classroom management and behaviour support, and promote a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Attend relevant training and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Experience working with children with special educational needs, ideally in a school or educational setting
- Some knowledge of different types of special educational needs and strategies for supporting students with those needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and staff
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to take direction from teachers and other senior staff
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to respond to changing needs and priorities
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
We offer a competitive salary, ongoing professional development opportunities, and a supportive and collaborative work environment. If you are passionate about supporting children with special educational needs and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.How to apply:
Respond to this advert with an up-to-date copy of your CV or if you would like to know more information please contact Jason
on [email protected]
or call 01483 903 275
About anzuk Education:
With us, you’re not just a number. Every day we come to work to create exceptional experiences in education. We might not be in the classroom anymore but we want to impact the education community; inspiring children with quality education, supporting schools when they need it most and giving you flexible, fair & transparent employment.
anzuk Education is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone