Educators > Browse jobs
SEN Teaching Assistant
Join our team as a Teaching Assistant and make a real difference in the lives of students with special educational needs. Apply now!
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to join our team at a prestigious and OFSTED 'Outstanding' school based in Hammersmith & Fulham. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting children with special educational needs. No previous experience necessary, but is desired.
At this school, they take a child-centred approach to education, and strive to create a warm, inclusive, and supportive learning environment for all their students. As a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, you will be working closely with class teachers and other support staff to provide tailored support to their students with special educational needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with special educational needs, including but not limited to: autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and physical disabilities
- Monitor and record student progress and communicate regularly with teachers, parents, and other support staff
- Assist with classroom management and behaviour support, and promote a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Attend relevant training and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills
How to apply:
- Experience working with children with special educational needs, ideally in a school or educational setting
- Some knowledge of different types of special educational needs and strategies for supporting students with those needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and staff
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to take direction from teachers and other senior staff
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to respond to changing needs and priorities
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Respond to this advert with an up-to-date
copy of your CV or if you would like to know more information please contact Marnie