Educators > Browse jobs
SEN Teaching Assistants needed Urgently in South London
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced SEN learning support assistant in South East London
Are you passionate about working in the Special Educational Needs Sector?
Do you have experience in personal care?
Do you want to make a difference in young children's lives?
We are on the lookout for experienced Special Needs Teaching Assistants to join our dynamic team. We are a Special Needs school in South East London supporting students aged from either primary or secondary, with severe learning difficulties, autism, and profound and multiple learning difficulties. Our school is a place is a place where pupils can find fulfilment, belonging and greater independence.
- Be passionate about supporting students with special educational needs
- Have experience supporting students with severe Autism, Down Syndrome and/or PMLD.
- Be open to providing personal care including toileting and feeding.
- Have a positive, patient and proactive demeanour
- Have access to modern facilities and sensory spaces.
- Be caring and compassionate.
Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Providing one to one support to students with sever learning difficulties
- Building effective relationships with students to enable them to achieve greater independence.
- Liaise with the class teacher in monitoring and updating students' IEPs.
- Help develop students' social, emotional and academic progress
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the United Kingdom) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience teaching in a primary setting
- Share the values and ethos of the school community
How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Rhea on [email protected]
About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.