Science Teacher Needed for Immediate Start
Large, inclusive West London High School is seeking an experienced Science Teacher for an immediate start.
We at anzuk are working with large secondary school in Harrow to appoint an experienced science teacher for an immediate start.
The school is a mixed comprehensive school with a highly inclusive attitude - they welcome students of all nationalities and faiths and strive to promote and nurture a safe learning environment for everyone. At anzuk, we have had the pleasure of working with and visiting the school - it is bubbly, welcoming and the students are passionate and engaged. They have fantastic facilities and large, flourishing Science department.
The school is seeking a Science Teacher with experience teaching KS4, KS5 and A-Levels. Ideally with Biology experience at A Level, BTEC knowledge and some Chemistry and Physics experience as well. They want a Science Teacher who can step into the position immediately and run with it. Whilst the school is in lockdown, the right Science Teacher will be required to teach virtually 5 days a week, so technology knowledge is needed. Virtual lessons will be taught online from home or delivered on site, depending on your individual requirements.
This is a maternity leave position and is a year contract.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
When working with anzuk, you will:
- Have specialised knowledge of the secondary Science national curriculum and standards
- Have a comprehensive understanding of A-Level Biology
- Experience teaching KS4 - A-Level
- Knowledge of Physics and Chemistry
- Basic understanding of BTEC
- Possess strong classroom management skills
- Be a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) with a PGCE, GTP or Bachelor of Education.
- Willingness to work alongside the science department to cover the classes required-planning can be delegated to the team of science teachers
- Willing to complete class planning, lesson delivery and assessment
- Be open to participate in extra curriculum activities
- Be available for the working hours of 8 am - 4 pm
- Be guaranteed daily work until the position starts
- Eligible for relocation package of up to £500 for teachers coming from abroad (Australia, New Zealand and Canada)
- Gain access to virtual Professional Development opportunities run by knowledgeable and experienced professionals
- Be apart of a Global Network of Opportunities
- Have a consultant team that will be here to help and guide you
- Keep track of work seamlessly with our easy to use app
- Receive a £100 bonus for referring your friends and colleagues once they have worked for 10 days
- Be apart of a fantastic social & networking events, bringing people together to share experiences
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the United Kingdom) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
To apply, please send your CV asap to Anthea at email@example.com.
anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.