Educators > Browse jobs
Science Teacher needed for SEMH Secondary School in Gloucester!
Do you have a passion for Special Educational Needs? Are all students placed at the heart of your decision making? Yes? Then this is the role for you!
Do you believe that all students are capable of making outstanding progress?
Well, an exciting opportunity to become part of a new Secondary Specialist Setting in Gloucester, who share this belief, has arisen!
This day school will provide high-quality education, specifically designed to meet the needs of secondary aged pupils (year 7 to 11) with education, health and care plans. By offering a vibrant and specialised environment, they seek to ensure all its students will have the same learning opportunities as their peers in mainstream classrooms.
The cohort of young people within this setting will come from a wide range of backgrounds and all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as ASC, ADHD, and communication difficulties.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Full Time from September 2022
- Delivering Science lessons to a small class base, across years 7 to 11
- Utilising a variety of methods appropriate to a student-centred approach
- Planning modules according to pupil need, IEP aims and the Science curriculum
- Providing a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment for all students
- Monitor and supporting the overall progress and development of
- Facilitating and encouraging a learning experience which enables students to achieve their individual potential
How to apply:
- Be highly committed to delivering exceptional education to all students
- Have a passion for working in SEND settings and supporting vulnerable young people
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge across the Science Specialisms
- Have a high degree of organisation and the ability to develop effective relationships
- Be strong with behaviour management skills to assist in promoting a learning environment
- Have some knowledge of agencies involved with SEND students
- Hold the appropriate teaching qualification, UK QTS or equivalent and a valid right to work in the UK
To apply, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply
Or if you're looking for other teaching jobs in Gloucester, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or for further information please contact 0117 457 3443.
Please note you maybe required to complete a full registration with anzuk if successful. This will include seeking references and DBS check. anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.