Educators > Browse jobs
Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant (SEND TA)
We are seeking a fun and compassionate SEND TA to join a supportive school in Bristol!
Job Title: Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant (SEND TA)
Contract Type: Full time
Salary: £85 per day
Start date: Immediately!
SEN TA Job Description:
The Ideal SEND TA will be:
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with Special Education Needs, including those with learning difficulties, behavioural challenges and/or physical disabilities in a Year 5 classroom
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other support staff to create and implement individualised education plans (IEP’s) for students
- As a SEND TA you will assist in the development of appropriate resources and materials to support the learning needs of SEND students
- Monitor and help to record the progress and achievements of SEND students, reporting to the SENCo and parents where necessary
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes the social and emotional well-being of all students
Benefits of working with anzuk:
- A relevant qualification in education or teaching assistance is preferred but not always required
- Experience working with children with SEND in an educational setting, tutoring, coaching or mentoring role is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to show patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting the development of SEND students
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, colleagues and parents
How to apply:
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- The chance to make a real difference in the lives of students with SEND and contribute to their personal growth and success
- International opportunities in Australia, New Zealand and the United States
- CPD and various training opportunities
- Share this job with a friend or colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they complete 10 days work
To apply for our SEND TA role, please submit your CV by clicking the Apply button now. Or if you're looking for other teaching jobs in Bristol, please email your CV to [email protected]
or for further information please contact 0117 457 3443. anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.