Educators > Browse jobs
TA with BSL Needed for Lewisham School
Secondary school in South east London seeking an LSA with BSL to start in ASAP.
Our school in East London are looking for an LSA with BSL/makaton experience
Are you passionate about working with children who have Hearing Impairment and/or Speech and Language Communication Needs? Do you seek a meaningful career that will have impact on children's lives? If so then keep reading!
LSA for Hearing Impaired:
- The school has fantastic facilities, as well as a large playing grounds.
- Excellent feedback from parents and educators alike
- Good/outstanding OFSTED report
The Ideal Candidate:
- Communicating affectively through alternative mediums of communication.
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term position 5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30am - 3:30pm).Requirements:
- BSL level 2 (level 3 desirable) Qualified
- Previous experience supporting children with SEND or SLCN requirements.
- Previous experience working in schools or with children.
- Have excellent communication skills.
To apply and commence working with us you must
meet the below criteria:
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work.Salary:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
Learning Support Assistants often earn between £85 - £95 per day
, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references. What now? anzuk are seeking passionate educators to have a positive impact on the lives of young people. For more information please call Jamie on +44 20 8132 9788. To be considered immediately please send a CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.
anzuk.education is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees