Educators > Browse jobs
Full time Learning Support Assistant needed for a lovely secondary class in a fabulous SEND school in South Gloucestershire, starting ASAP.
anzuk are supporting a specialist school in South Gloucestershire who are seeking a dedicated and reliable Learning Support Assistant to start full time ASAP.
This school has maintained their Ofsted "Good" rating since opening, offering provision for students from 3-19 years with educational needs including Autism, mobility and medical needs. They also hold specialist status for communication and interaction using a range of interventions including PECS and Makaton.
- You will be required to support students with varying needs in a secondary class. This may include being outdoors, attending swimming/physio appointments and forest schools
- You will be working with a supportive team of other Teaching Assistants as well as Teachers and other agency staff including CAMHS, OT's, community nurses etc
- You will need to be flexible, as due to the reactive nature of the school you may be required to support in other classes
- There maybe a requirement to assist with personal and intimate care after training given
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom
To apply and commence working with us, you must meet the below criteria:
To apply or hear more about alternative Teaching Assistant and teaching jobs, please submit your CV by clicking the apply button now. Benefits of working with anzuk Education:
- Be enthusiastic, patient and resilient nature
- Comfortable with personal care - i.e. toileting and feeding
- Be comfortable with using a hydro pool for therapy sessions
- Passion and willingness to work in a specialist environment, previous SEND experience is not essential but would be advantageous
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk
- Additional training in manual handling, SCIP, Makaton, PECS or similar would be advantageous but not essential
anzuk is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.
- A professional, supportive and highly experienced team of Education Specialists with over 25 years experience and many of which are teachers themselves
- CPD and various training opportunities
- Industry leading technology to enhance your experiences
- Competitive rates of pay for supply and scale rates for long term assignments
- International opportunities in Australia, New Zealand and the United States
- Ethical and transparent operating procedures
- Unique ambassador guaranteed work schemes available
- Share this job with a friend or colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they have worked for 10 days, or successfully obtained a permanent post, through us