Educators > Browse jobs
Teaching Assistant to work with children across the school
A wonderful, friendly primary school in Surbiton is recruiting local teaching assistants to support the SEN children in the school to start ASAP
Anzuk is proud to partner with a wonderful primary school in Surbiton. We are working with them to find local teaching assistants to support children with special education needs within the school.
The school is friendly, welcoming and supportive of all their staff and students. The school is located in Surbiton with excellent access to public transport. The school is fully inclusive and as a result welcomes children with different levels of SEND. Under the guidance of a passionate and experienced SENCO, there is a small team of teaching assistants who support the children to thrive in a mainstream setting.
The school is looking for local teaching assistants to work across the school with children who have an EHCP, providing additional support, encouragement and nurture to children who may be struggling to access the work in a mainstream classroom. They are looking for someone with lots of energy, enthusiasm and creative ideas to make learning fun and accessible. The school is looking for someone to start ASAP.
The school is easily accessed by car, bus or on the South West train line. The school is oversubscribed and very popular in the local area with excellent facilities and a happy, welcoming atmosphere.
PAYE rates between £85 - £95 per day.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with special educational needs, including but not limited to: autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and physical disabilities
- Assist with planning and delivering lessons and activities that are accessible and engaging for students with special educational needs
- Help to develop and implement individual health and care plans (EHCPs) and behaviour plans in collaboration with teachers, parents, and other support staff
- Monitor and record student progress and communicate regularly with teachers, parents, and other support staff
- Assist with classroom management and behaviour support, and promote a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Attend relevant training and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is advantageous but not essential
- Some knowledge of different types of special educational needs and strategies for supporting students with those needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and staff
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to take direction from teachers and other senior staff
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to respond to changing needs and priorities
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
We offer a competitive salary, ongoing professional development opportunities, and a supportive and collaborative work environment.
If you are passionate about supporting children with special educational needs and have the skills and character we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.How to apply:
Respond to this advert with an up-to-date copy of your CV or if you would like to know more information please contact Kate
at [email protected]
or call 01483 903 275About anzuk Education:
With us, you’re not just a number. Every day we come to work to create exceptional experiences in education. We might not be in the classroom anymore but we want to impact the education community; inspiring children with quality education, supporting schools when they need it most and giving you flexible, fair & transparent employment.anzuk Education is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone