Educators > Browse jobs
Teaching Assistants - Newport
Looking for talented & enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to work within Newport primary and secondary schools on a supply and long term basis.
anzuk Education currently have a large demand for enthusiastic and reliable Teaching Assistants to work in Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools across Newport starting in September. The majority of the schools that we work with directly have excellent public transport links, and you will receive regular support from experienced consultants who have established outstanding relationships with our clients. Previous experience supporting children with SEND requirements (e.g. autism) would be advantageous, although not essential.
The key responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant typically involve:
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with children with different learning requirements, including the possibility of working with children with SEN
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term positions 3-5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30am - 3:30pm).
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in Newport or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work.
How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Kyle on email@example.com.
About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment.