Educators > Browse jobs
Team teach and manual handling trained - Teaching Assistant
Camden secondary school seeking an experienced SEND TA to support students with a variety of additional needs
High-achieving, non-selective secondary school established in 2012, with a mission to support students of all ability levels to higher levels of attainment and enthusiasm for further study.
A specialist school in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) taking on the challenge of getting more students enthused and committed to subjects which have historically seen a less diverse student uptake. Alongside our STEM specialism, they have an excellent programme of music, art and drama, and an elite sports programme, all of which contribute to a broad and balanced curriculum
Successful applicants must have:
- Must have manual handling training and/or be Team teach trained and be able to carry our general admin tasks withing a school
- To work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programs
- Enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area for short periods of time.
- Working with a range of students with varying SEND/additional needs
- Working closely with the class teacher and multi-disciplinary teams to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for students
- Utilising effective behaviour management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Relevant SEN Experience and a min of 1 Year
- Excellent behaviour management
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Patient and caring personality and be able to handle stressful situations calmly
- Commitment to learning and development of pupils
- Flexibility; providing support where needed and work alongside staff to gain a full understanding of the students needs
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
- Experience working in SEND setting, including personal care experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Has a good understanding of what SEND is and what it means to work with SEND students
- Available Monday to Friday for school hours
London borough of CamdenHow to Apply :
If you interested in 'Manual handling trained Teaching Assistant' please send your up-to-date CV and best contact details through to
Teaching and Support positions are subject to professional references & police checks.
Your career with anzuk Teachers
will be supported by your own personal consultant who will ensure that your needs are met. anzuk Teachers
is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture, or disability. Each individual will be assessed on merit alone.